You must design creative strategies and tactics that will cause the target public to choose to perceive your messages, choose to retain them and choose to act upon them.
A “big idea” is a creative, overarching strategy and message that appeals to all publics you will target. Describe your big idea in one sentence. Then include a bullet for each of these three components:
- Big Idea Strategy (100 words min)
- Big Idea Message (100 words min)
- Big Idea Visual representation of the idea. For the visual representation, you can submit a visual idea (an actual graphic, drawing, etc. or you can describe the visual if you prefer. (100-word min explanation if you do not include a graphic. If you include a graphic, please explain in one or two sentences).Think outside the box!
- What’s your slogan? The slogan encapsulates the big idea message and strategy.
- Big idea in one sentence? Describe your BIG IDEA in one complete and concise sentence.
Here are a few tools to help you
The following are five suggested questions to ask yourself when working on your big idea:
- Did it make me gasp when I first saw it?
- Do I wish I had thought of it myself?
- Is it unique?
- Does it fit the strategy of the?
- Could it be used for 30 years?