Summary: Students will A) get access to PG&E energy data, B) log into the energy tracker and C) record data and analyze their energy use over the past two weeks (baseline period).
A) Access your PG&E smart meter data
· Log into your PG&E (or applicable) account online. Go to https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/home.page and sign in. If you don’t have an account, you can register.
· Click on “Energy Usage Details.” You will see icons for electricity and natural gas usage. Select “Bill View” after clicking each of these icons. You should now be able to find your daily energy data for electricity and natural gas. If you don’t use natural gas; that’s okay!
B) Log into the Energy Tracker
· Register for the Green Ninja Energy Tracker: https://energytracker.greenninja.org/
· When you have registered, log in and add the following class code: 847082
· Using the data from your PG&E account, enter all the daily electricity and natural gas data available so far.
C) Analyze your energy data at the end of the two-week period. What is the range of values for daily electricity and natural gas usage? What is the average amount used per day? Point out any interesting trends. For example, is more energy used on the weekend than weekdays? Are there any sudden spikes or drop-offs in energy usage? Explain the possible reasons for your findings.
To Submit: In 200 words, summarize the analysis of your daily electricity and natural gas usage data over the period of Monday, April 12, 2021, to Sunday, April 25, 2021. Provide a screenshot of the online PG&E graph showing daily electricity and natural gas usage over the baseline period.