SCM 401x Week 2 Assignment
Air Products Case Study
1. Why was it important for Air Products to develop a
global engineering and procurement process?
What are the primary objectives of the process?
2. What are some of the disadvantages that Air Products
has realized from viewing its European and U.S. procurement and engineering
centers as separate operations?
3. Discuss the role of the corporate steering committee
as it relates to global engineering and procurement. Discuss the other organizational support
mechanisms the company has put in place to support its global process.
4. Describe Air Products global engineering and
5. What are some organizational advantages that Air
Products has that facilitated the development and execution of a global
6. When forming cross-functional/cross-locational teams,
what are some of the planning and team formation issues that Air Products
executive managers must consider?
7. What are some of the potential risks that Air Products
faces due to its global engineering and procurement process?
8. What will it take for Air Products to achieve its
aggressive target in terms of new global contracts?
9. Discuss how Air Products Chemical has used information
technology to support its global efforts.
10. Create a job description for the globalization
managerâs position. Be sure to be
explicit about his or her responsibilities.