Research Summary Assignment
This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to find and appraise resources related to the PICOT question from Week 2. The focus of this assignment is to evaluate pertinent literature that supports the practice change intervention.
Note: You are to locate original studies with research conducted and published by the primary investigator. You may also use systematic reviews or Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Integrate evidence-based and research to support advancement of in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
Find and review ten (10) scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles, systematic reviews, or CPGs in support of the practice change intervention. Complete the table for each article.
- State the PICOT question
- For each article, supply the following:
- The complete reference for the article in current APA format
- Description of the purpose of the study/review/practice
- Description of the evidence type
- Research article/systematic review/CPG
- If a source is a research article
- Is the study quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods?
- Is the study experimental, quasi-experimental, or descriptive?
- Description of the sample, sample size, and setting (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the data collection methods used (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the study findings or CPG content
- Assessment of the limitations of the study (not used for CPG)
- Discussion of the relevance the study to the PICOT question and
Preparing the Assignment:
- Use the designated Research Summary Table Worksheet to supply the required information.
- All scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles must be current – within a 5-year time frame – unless a valid rationale is provided, and the instructor has approved the use of an older reference.
- Use APA formatting for references