PSY 333 — Assignment 7

PSY 333 — Assignment 7
To answer the questions, please copy and paste them into Word (or some other text editor) and type out your answers. Then please upload your document to the Assignment dropbox on D2L by the due date.

Due date: Next Tuesday by midnight. If your assignment is late let us know and we can work something out.

Expected Value Theory
Compute the expected values for these two options. What choice would Expected Value Theory make? (2 points) Which do you prefer:

Option A: 100% chance of $240
Option B: 25% chance of $1000 and 75% chance of $0
Compute the expected values for these two options. What choice would Expected Value Theory make? (2 points) Which do you prefer:

Option A: 100% chance to lose $750
Option B: 75% chance to lose $1000 and 25% chance to lose $0
Compute the expected value for the two options in each of these three questions (3 points):

Q1
Option A: 100% chance of $3000
Option B: 80% chance of $4000
Q2
Option A: 25% chance of $3000 and 75% chance of nothing
Option B: 20% chance of $4000 and 80% chance of nothing
Q3
Option A: 1% chance of $3000 and 99% chance of nothing
Option B: 0.8% chance of $4000 and 99.2% chance of nothing
For the 3 questions in question 3, which of the two options does Expected Value Theory prefer (1 points)?

What is the expected value of these options? (2 points) Which do you prefer:

Option A: 95% chance to win $2.50 and a 5% chance to lose $0.75
Option B: 40% chance to win $8.50 and 60% chance to lose $1.50
Extra credit (bonus 2 points total)
The house edge on slot machines varies depending on the type of machine. For $1 slots (where you pay one dollar to play once), the house edge is about 10%. For $100 slots (where you pay $100 to play once), they house edge is about 5%.

If you play a $100 slot machine once, how much can you expect to get back on average?

If you play a $1 slot machine once, how much can you expect to get back on average?

If you play a $1 slot machine 100 times, how much would you expect to get back?

By considering your answers to part a) and c), if you are committed to spending a fixed amount of money (say $1,000) on gambling, which machine ($1 slots or $100 slots) is the best ( least worst) choice?

By considering your answers to part a) and b), if you are committed to playing for a fixed number of plays (say 100 pulls of the lever), which machine ($1 slots or $100 slots) is the best ( least worst)?

Based on your answers to part d) and e), why do you think the house edge gets smaller for $100 slots?

Calculate the price
Make an order in advance and get the best price
Pages (550 words)
$0.00
*Price with a welcome 15% discount applied.
Pro tip: If you want to save more money and pay the lowest price, you need to set a more extended deadline.
We know how difficult it is to be a student these days. That's why our prices are one of the most affordable on the market, and there are no hidden fees.

Instead, we offer bonuses, discounts, and free services to make your experience outstanding.
How it works
Receive a 100% original paper that will pass Turnitin from a top essay writing service
step 1
Upload your instructions
Fill out the order form and provide paper details. You can even attach screenshots or add additional instructions later. If something is not clear or missing, the writer will contact you for clarification.
Pro service tips
How to get the most out of your experience with CheapNursingWriter
One writer throughout the entire course
If you like the writer, you can hire them again. Just copy & paste their ID on the order form ("Preferred Writer's ID" field). This way, your vocabulary will be uniform, and the writer will be aware of your needs.
The same paper from different writers
You can order essay or any other work from two different writers to choose the best one or give another version to a friend. This can be done through the add-on "Same paper from another writer."
Copy of sources used by the writer
Our college essay writers work with ScienceDirect and other databases. They can send you articles or materials used in PDF or through screenshots. Just tick the "Copy of sources" field on the order form.
Testimonials
See why 20k+ students have chosen us as their sole writing assistance provider
Check out the latest reviews and opinions submitted by real customers worldwide and make an informed decision.
Business Studies
Thank you!
Customer 452451, November 27th, 2022
Anthropology
Excellent services will definitely come back
Customer 452441, September 23rd, 2022
Theology
Job well done and completed in a timely fashioned!
Customer 452451, November 18th, 2022
Business Studies
Job well done. Finish paper faster than expected. Thank you!
Customer 452451, October 3rd, 2022
Nursing
The paper was EXCELLENT. Thank you
Customer 452449, September 23rd, 2022
English 101
Very good job. I actually got an A
Customer 452443, September 25th, 2022
Psychology
Thanks a lot the paper was excellent
Customer 452453, October 26th, 2022
Architecture, Building and Planning
The assignment was well written and the paper was delivered on time. I really enjoyed your services.
Customer 452441, September 23rd, 2022
Anthropology
excellent loved the services
Customer 452443, September 23rd, 2022
11,595
Customer reviews in total
96%
Current satisfaction rate
3 pages
Average paper length
37%
Customers referred by a friend
OUR GIFT TO YOU
15% OFF your first order
Use a coupon FIRST15 and enjoy expert help with any task at the most affordable price.
Claim my 15% OFF Order in Chat