Reflect back over the term. What one thing did you learn in the course that you were able to apply in your work during the term? What one thing are you most looking forward to applying to your career in the future. What future trends may influence how nurses use evidence to improve the quality of patient care? How will this course content help prepare you for certification in your chosen specialty?
A reminder of the course objectives may help you reflect on this term:
- Explain the purpose of nursing research in an evidence-based practice environment.
- Differentiate qualitative and quantitative research in terms of philosophy, methodology, and outcome.
- Critically analyze various types of research methods, designs, and evidence-based practice for scientific merit.
- Investigate the literature to gain knowledge related to a select problem in education, administration or practice.
- Evaluate the reliability, validity, and typical outcomes of instruments commonly used for nursing research.
- Explore ethical principles as they relate to research and evidence-based practice.
- Design an evidence-based practice project that incorporates scholarly inquiry applicable to a select problem in nursing practice, administration, or education.