MGMT6012: Impact of Values – Ethics and Diversity
Critically analyse the roles, functions that managers perform and discuss the challenges and risks they have to address in today’s changing organisations
• Discuss the impact of values, ethics and diversity on the culture of an organisation and the role, behaviour and performance of managers within that organisation.
Students will individually draw up a case study report on their own organisation, or an organisation of their choice. The case study will demonstrate an understanding of
organisational theory including organisational ethics and ethical practice. The case study report should include:
• a rationale for the research methodology and organisational theory utilised including comparisons with alternative theory;
• utilisation of appropriate research strategies;
• a critical examination of the role of ethics and ethical practice relevant to the chosen organisation;
• a discussion of the role and legitimacy of the management function and how it is impacted by politics and the social environment;
• incorporating the use of qualitative analysis; and
• incorporating the use of several high-quality external sources.