Leadership evaluation report
BSBLDR801 Lead personal and strategic transformation
BSBLDR801 – Assessment Task 1: Written questions
Student Name: NAME
Student ID: NUMBER
Submission number: NUMBER
This is an open-book test, to be completed in the classroom or in your own time as advised by your trainer.
If in class, a time limit of 1.5 hours to answer the questions applies.
Your answers must be word processed and submitted in Brighton College e-learning system (Moodle).
Criteria to be marked competent
You need to answer ALL questions correctly to pass this task and be considered competent
- Access to textbooks and other learning materials (e.g. lecture slides and study guide)
- Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access.
- This document [YOUR NAME] AT1 Written (available in Moodle)
You must submit the assessment by the due date specified in the unit plan.
Submit in Moodle your completed document in PDF format and correct FILE NAME
YOUR NAME AT1 Questions Responses S#
MARY SMITH AT1 Questions responses S1 for first attempt
MARY SMITH AT1 Questions responses S2 for second attempt
Refer to video or written instructions in your Student Pre-Requisite course in Moodle for instructions on how to submit assessments in Moodle
Resubmission (also called reattempts) – important information
You may be allowed to resubmit if you were marked NOT SATISFACTORY on your first attempt provided you submitted your assessment by the due date. Your trainer will advise you if you can resubmit and the resubmission date. Your trainer will provide you with feedback to help you improve your revised answer.
To provide a revised answer, put a heading REVISED ANSWER under the question/section you must re-answer and type your new answer. Look at the example at the top of your template.
Refer to video or written instructions in your Student Pre-Requisite course in Moodle for instructions on how to submit a subsequent attempt Moodle.
If you need to revise your answer and resubmit, add a Heading “Revised Answer – V X ”
UNDER your existing answer and write your answer
Q1 – Why are the colour of the Australian flag?
The colours of the Australian flag are red, blue, and green
Revised Answer attempt 2
The colours of the Australian flag are blue, white, and red
Read this information to know HOW to answer the questions
The questions use a range of “instructional words” such as “identify” or “explain”, which tell you how you should answer the question. Use the definitions below to help you answer the questions correctly.
when a question says to analyse, you should do so in detail, and identify important points and key features. Generally, you are expected to write a response one or two paragraphs long.
when a question says compare, show how two or more things are similar, ensure that you indicate the impact of similarities or differences. Generally, you should write a response one or two paragraphs long
when a question says contrast, show how two or more things are different, ensure that you indicate the impact of differences. Generally, you should write a response one or two paragraphs
when a question says describe, state the most noticeable qualities or features. Generally, you should write a response two or three sentences long
when a question says discuss, point out important issues or features and give some critical judgement. Generally, you should write a response one or two paragraphs long
when a question says evaluate, state arguments for and against something. Generally, you should write a response one or two paragraphs long
when a question says examine, this is similar to “analyse”, and you should provide a detailed response with key points and features and provide critical analysis. Generally, you should write a response one or two paragraphs long.
when a question says explain, make clear how or why something happened or the way it is. Generally, you should write a response two or three sentences long
when a question says identify, briefly describe the required information. Generally, you should write a response two or three sentences long.
when a question says list, briefly state information in a list format.
when a question says outline something, give only the main points, Generally, you should write a response a few sentences long
when a question says summarise, it is similar to “outline”, give the main points. Generally, you should write a response a few sentences long.
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS BELOW
- Identify and summarise at least four communication responsibilities expected of leaders.
- List five characteristics of effective communication that can used by managers when communicating with their staff or customers.
- Discuss four (4) styles of leadership and the impact each of the identified styles on organisational culture.
- Discuss three strategies that a leader can use for building trust and confidence with colleagues.
- Discuss three characteristics of an ethical leader.
- Outline five ways to develop new work skills
- Outline two ways to more effectively manage time at work.
- Discuss the concept of personal development planning.
- Outline at least five crucial components of a personal development plan.
- Explain the purpose of quantitative research and identify at least three ways of sourcing quantitative data.
- Explain the purpose of qualitative research and identify at least three ways of sourcing qualitative data.
- Explain primary data and list three ways in which primary data can be collected.
- Explain secondary data and list three sources of secondary data.
- Explain emotional intelligence and the importance of this characteristic at work.
- Explain three strategies that can be used to build emotional intelligence.
- Explain how a manager with high emotional intelligence can assist in achieving business objectives. Provide an example to illustrate your answer.
- Explain two ways of using emotional intelligence to build effective workplace relationships.
- Outline key information that should be included in an organisation’s communication protocol for communicating internally, as well as externally.
- Describe the process of PESTEL analysis of an organisation’s external environment.
- Describe the differences between organisational transformation and organisational development.
- Explain the key phases of a change management process.
- Describe five components of a change management plan.
- Explain three ways that organisational design can help a company to be responsive to changes in customer behaviour or market conditions
BC-AT1-BSBLDR801-2020 V1.1 2020-10-29 Page | 1 Brighton College Pty Ltd RTO: 45023 | CRICOS: 03635G