HS 245 WEEK 4 Family Crisis and How to Help
HS 245 WEEK 4 Family Crisis and How to Help : Create 10- to 12-slides using PowerPoint®.
Touch upon the following points:
- What does the article list as the number of poor in America?
- Can Social Services and aid for poor families be the solution for the nation’s problem?
- What is meant by the term, “social safety net”?
- 2007 is the year considered to “deepen America’s recession”, what types of issues contributed to America’s recession.
- Review the U.S Poverty Threshold for families, what does this mean?
- Lyndon Johnson had a central goal of his “Great Society”, he made many references to it in his speech. Here is an excerpt from the speech, “The Great Society is a place where every child can find knowledge to enrich his mind and to enlarge his talents…. It is a place where the city of man serves not only the needs of the body and the demands of commerce but the desire for beauty and the hunger for community.” What are your thoughts on Lyndon Johnson and having a great society? HS 245 WEEK 4 Family Crisis and How to Help
HS 245 WEEK 4 Health Assessment- Depression
Complete the Depression Assessment.
Respond to the following questions in at least 350 words.
- How can depression contribute to duress in your life?
- What can be done to mitigate depression in your life?
- Do you believe depression is an obstacle one can overcome?
- Do you know anyone, or have you yourself been depressed?
- Do you know the resources available in your community to assist?
HS 245 WEEK 5 You Can Improve Your Life and Opportunity is Real!
Imagine you have an opportunity placed in front of you but it is risky. You want to make better decisions and truly live your best life now. What would that look like? Do you believe the old adage, “opportunity knocks once” or, “opportunity isn’t just going to fall in your lap”.
Read the articles located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
- 7 Ways to Better your Life Starting Today
- Better Life News: How to be a more powerful person
- How to Make Your Life Easier
- How to Make Every Minute Work Better for You
- Your Life Isn’t An Accident: A Tip in How to Find Your Path
- How to make sure Facebook does not ruin your life
- How to Deal When Your Life Explodes
- Reinvention: How to make the rest of your life the best of your life
- Decide to live your ideal life
Decide which article to take a deeper dive into the content.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400- word essay detailing the findings of the abstracts, and the articles. What is the overarching theme of each article? How can you make positive changes in your life and the lives of other people? Can your work as a human service professional influence others? What can you do when your life seems to fall apart?