HS 245 WEEK 2 The Modern Family Assignment
The Modern Family Assignment: Use the Internet to look up the term and concept of “modern family”. You will find there is an actual television show called Modern Family.
Consider the challenges faced by same-sex parents.
Using the framework and concept of a modern family, review the following statement:
Modern families are very diverse in structure, role delineation, and the degree to which they are accepted by broader society. For some, the act of becoming parents may involve considerable legal and medical procedures, and involvement of social service agencies.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following topics:
- How would you define a nontraditional modern family?
- When you think of foster families, how do you believe foster families factor into the overarching definition of family?
- What are some of the challenges that non-traditional families may face?
- How do families determine what role each member will play? Who sets the rules in families?
- Do you believe the amount of income in a community changes the number of services needed?
- This date can be used when assessing needs of your community, how do you think it can be useful?
HS 245 WEEK 3 Your State, Your Services
Use the Internet and locate your states (prefered) or any other states department of children and families. This may be called something different in each state, so don’t worry if the name isn’t exact. You may see department of social services, at the federal it is department of health and human services.
Once you locate the organization at the state level write a 1,050- to 1,400-word synopsis addressing the following:
- Record the web address
- What is the mission of the agency?
- What types of services are available for families?
- Are there youth facilities for children who have been in trouble?
- Can one apply for benefits on-line?
- Is there a number for Adult and Child Abuse and Neglect?
- Does the agency have a “social media” presence? Meaning are their YouTube videos, recorded public service announcements, training for families?
- Provide descriptors of the SNAP, Employment First, Refugee Resettlement and Energy Assistance programs.