HLT 362V Module 5 Correlation Regression and Chi Square Excel Worksheet
SYSTOLIC AND DIASTOLIC BLOOD PRESSURE OF FEMALES
The following table represents systolic and diastolic blood pressure measurements of 40 females.
- A) Use the Excel Analysis ToolPak to find the linear correlation coefficient for the systolic and diastolic measurements.
- B) Use the Excel Analysis ToolPak to determine the linear regression equation that uses the systolic pressure to predict the diastolic pressure.
- C) What is the best predicted value for diastolic pressure given that a woman has a systolic level of 100?
HLT 362V Exercise 20
- Which patient scored the highest on the preoperative CVLT Acquisition? What was his or her T score?
- Which patient scored the lowest on postoperative CVLT Retrieval? What was this patient’s T score?
- Did the patient in Question 2 have more of a memory performance decline than average on the CVLT Retrieval? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- What is the mean ( ) and standard deviation (SD) for preoperative T score for CVLT Acquisition?
- Is the preoperative Retrieval T score for Patient 5 above or below the mean for the norm of the group? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Assuming that the distribution of the preoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
- Assuming that the distribution of scores for the postoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
- The researchers state that it appears that the functional integrity of the left temporal lobe, despite evidence of structural abnormality, plays a considerable role when it comes to memory outcomes following left ATL. Can the findings from this study be generalized to a larger population? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If a patient had a raw score = 30, what would his/her postoperative CVLT Retrieval T score be?
- Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT Retrieval T scores than CVLT Acquisition T scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.
HLT 362V EXERCISE 24 Questions to be Graded
- What is the r value listed for the relationship between variables 4 and 9?
- Describe the correlation r = -0.32** using words. Is this a statistically significant correlation? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Calculate the percentage of variance explained for r = 0.53. Is this correlation clinically important? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- According to Table 2, r = 0.15 is listed as the correlation between which two items? Describe this relationship. What is the effect size for this relationship, and what size sample would be needed to detect this relationship in future studies?
- Calculate the percentage of variance explained for r = 0.15. Describe the clinical importance of this relationship.
- Which two variables in Table 2, have the weakest correlation, or r value? Which relationship is the closest to this r value? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Is the correlation between LOT-R Total scores and Avoidance-Distraction coping style statistically significant? Is this relationship relevant to practice? Provide rationales for your answers.
- Is the correlation between variables 9 and 4 significant? Is this correlation relevant to practice? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Consider two values, r = 0.08 and r = -0.58. Describe them in relationship to each other. Describe the clinical importance of both r values.
- Examine the Pearson r values for LOT-R Total, which measured Optimism with the Task and Emotion Coping Styles. What do these results indicate? How might you use this information in your practice?
One of the study goals was to examine the relationship between optimism and psychopathology. Using the data in Table 2, formulate an opinion regarding the overall correlation between optimism and psychopathology. Provide a rationale for your answer.