Although the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and has changed over the years and will be revised in the years to come, the current Code provides a template for the acceptable practice of psychology. The Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists also promotes desirable professional behavior and helps to inspire forensic psychology professionals to strive for high standards of professional practice. Both the code and guidelines can assist the forensic psychology professional in adhering to standards of professional behavior and in resolving ethical conflicts and dilemmas. In this Application, you apply the code or guidelines to a case study that presents potential areas of ethical conflict for a forensic psychology professional.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review this week’s case study. Pay attention to specific areas in the case study that may present ethical conflicts or dilemmas for the forensic psychology professional.
Select four such areas for use in this Application Assignment. Consider the severity of each.
- Review the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Consider which specific principles/standards would apply to the areas you identified.
- Review the American Psychological Association’s Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists. Choose the specific guideline(s) that speaks to each of the four areas you identified.
- Reflect on how and why the guidelines you chose would apply to the four areas of .
The assignment (1–3 pages):
- Explain the four areas of potential conflict or dilemma that you selected.
- For each instance, list the specific ethical code or guideline that might apply and explain how and why it is relevant and applies to the areas you selected.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this .