Comprehensive Project Plan
Final Project Instructions
Project Management Project – Each student will be required to completely outline the necessary steps and processes to complete a project. Project topics will be chosen from an instructor-provided list or by individual students with instructor approval. Follow these instructions and use the Project Template provided to complete this assignment.
Begin a Comprehensive Project Plan
1. Choose a project
Think of a project you have worked on, or would like to work on, and start to research the aspects of managing the project.
If you would like to build something (a boat, a plane, a building) that would also be a great start.
If you can’t think of a project you are interesting in managing, let me know, and we will come up with ideas together.
2. Fill in the Cover Sheet and the first three sections of the enclosed Template (change the name of the document to “your name_your project.”
– Give it your best effort; we will be polishing this document as we progress through the other chapters, and you will be able to make changes based on your subsequently-acquired knowledge.
3. Although you will be required to research the specifics, don’t hesitate to be creative and make assumptions and inferences on your own (I realize you are not in an actual company that is having you put this together, so have some fun with it – the key is to get an idea of the scope (the introduction) of project management.
4. As always – let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Editing Your Project Template.
Focus on completing sections 3* – 7, start getting some information into sections 8-12.
* section 3 can be more detailed now – beyond the introductory chapter 1-3 level
“Ball park” the information and populate the sections with initial ideas. Remember, this is the first time through the template where you get to generalize your ideas and apply your learning to-date. This can always be revisited and polished, but populate the sections with some initial thoughts/bullets (at least) so you will have something to continually go back and polish as we progress through the course.
Section 12 is OPTIONAL – if there are laws you need to comply with; list them…if you don’t simply delete Section 12 from your project plan.”
Submit the Project By 11:59pm on Friday, December 11, 2020 in the Week 12 Module area provided.
As always – let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
It’s time to revisit and polish, go back and review the entire document and populate any missed sections with final thoughts/bullets
The Final Project Must be submitted by 11:59pm on Friday, December 11, 2020 in the Week 12 Module area provided.
Remember the Final Project is worth 30% of your grade. Don’t wait till the last minute.