Case OF Jake Levy
Case of Jake Levy
In this Assignment, you prepare a 5-minute video case presentation. It is common to present a case analysis in multidisciplinary team meetings or with your supervisor and colleagues. This assignment offers you an opportunity to provide insights and perspectives to a case. To prepare: Use the same case study that you chose in Week 2. Case of Jake Levy
• Read this article listed in the Learning Resources: González-Prendes, A. A., & Thomas, S. A. (2009). Culturally sensitive treatment of anger in African American women: A single case study. Clinical Case Studies, 8(5), 383–402. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1177/1534650109345004 This article provides a nice framework for how the authors’ cognitive-behavioral theoretical orientation shaped the conceptualization of the case and assessment and intervention. Submit a Kaltura video of yourself discussing the client. Your video should be no longer than 5 minutes. Your video presentation should include the following:
• In 1 to 2 sentences, identify and describe the presenting problem.
• In 1 to 2 sentences, briefly define and conceptualize the problem from a cognitive-behavioral theoretical orientation.
• Formulate 2 assessment questions that you will ask the client to better understand the client’s problem. Remember, the assessment questions should be guided by the cognitive-behavioral theory.
• In 1 to 2 sentences, identify two goals for treatment. Again, remember, the goals should be consistent with cognitive-behavioral theory.
• In 1 to 2 sentences, describe the treatment plan from a cognitive-behavioral theoretical orientation. Remember, the treatment plan should align with the goal(s) for work.
• Discuss one outcome you would measure if you were to evaluate whether the intervention worked, and explain how this is consistent with cognitive behavioural theory. Evaluate one merit and one limitation of cognitive behavior theory as it relates to the case study.
• Evaluate the application of cognitive-behavioral theory in relation to a diversity issue pertinent to the case.