BCO127 APPLIED MANAGEMENT STATISTICS Final Task brief & rubrics ONLY FOR SYNCO-SOLUTIONS
- The task should be done individually.
- The task should be submitted in pdf format and the excel outputs should be in the Appendix.
- All the figures and tables in the reports should be organized in Excel and should have a proper title and a number.
- You should choose the appropriate statistical method to answer each task problem.
- The interpretations of each analysis, table and figure should be written detailly.
The data set is a survey of restaurants in Wisconsin, Canada and includes 13 variables defined as follows:
Outlook Sales Newcap Value Costgood Wages Advert Type Owner Full
Gross Sales (1000 pounds)
New capital invested (1000 pounds)
Estimated market value of business (1000 pounds) Cost of goods sold as % of sales
Wages as % of sales
Advertising as % of sales
Type of Outlet
Type of ownership
Number of full-time employees
Number of part-time employees
Size of establishment in FTE equivalent
Your directors would also like to know how the gross sales affect the market value of food outlet they might open.
- 1) Draw the scatter plot between market value and gross sales. Add the “type of outlet” variable as an indicator to the scatter plot. Interpret the graph.
- 2) Find the regression equation between the market value and gross sales for each type of outlet. Write the equation, interpret coefficients, goodness of fit and the significance of the model (Use the Data Analysis Toolbox in Excel).
- Wordcount: Between 1000-1500 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.