Assignment: Scholar Practitioner Project Assignment: 12-Step Programs and Community resources
The value of mutual support groups as a community resource has been widely recognized, and most treatment professionals encourage participation. The most well-known support groups are the 12-step groups. The original 12-step support group, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), was founded in the 1930s. Since then, the 12-step philosophy has been applied to almost every addiction known.
For this Assignment, you analyze the role of community resources, including 12-step programs, in supporting addiction recovery. Revisit the media from previous weeks to prepare for the Assignment.
In a 3- to 5-page APA-formatted paper, address the following:
· Create a list of community resources in the community in which you live.
· Describe two individual resources from your list that you might recommend for Marge and two community resources that you might recommend for Marge’s family.
· Explain why those resources might be suitable for supporting Marge’s recovery.
· Explain the stepped approach to 12-step programs and how this relates to the treatment of Marge.
· Explain the role of spirituality in 12-step programs.
· Explain whether you would recommend a 12-step program for Marge and why.